Ever wake up one morning and hate your hair (or wake up for a month and hate it?) Usually it can mean you need a new haircut, are suffering from a bad haircut or you need a change in color.
Hair color these days range from expensive- going to Vidal Sassoon to going to your local CVS and buying a box of hair color, but how do you know that the color you pick out will even look good on you?
I TRULY hate what magazines and propaganda have done to us. If you have so-called “winter” undertones then you can’t have this hair color and so on. I believe that you should try hair color on and if you like it, then it is your color! There is no such thing as boundary when it comes to hair color! Look at the fabulous Katy Perry!
A couple of simple tips:
1. Buy a wig or photoshop your new hair color on. You know the old saying, “Try it before you buy it?” The same goes for hair color, having a feeling something will look good on you and simply knowing are two very DIFFERENT things.
2. Temporary, semi-permanent or demi-permanent are your best bet if you are going to try a new hair color for the first time.
3. GO SLOW! I Remember going from Blonde to Black overnight and I cried so much I thought I would run out of tears. If you are thinking of making a drastic change, it is always easier to try a couple of strands first and see how you like it. I suggest if you are going from light to dark or dark to light to try a couple of colors in-between before you settle.
4. Hair dye is NOT permanent. No matter how much you love or hate that hair color you just used, it WILL eventually fade. If you hate the color you have now, don’t fret I will post something later about getting out stubborn hair color.
5. Have fun with it! Hair color can make you feel good on your best day and ugly on your worst day. Remember it is just a hair color and not the end of the world. Hair color is much easier to change than getting a hair cut that you hate!